Here’s an actual reenactment of something our friend’s daughter, Elodie*, said Tuesday. Our friend’s daughter is two and a half years old mind you. Mimi* is Elodie’s grandma and apparently did not provoke her beloved granddaughter.
· Elodie sits down at Mimi’s desk in the kitchen
· Elodie: Mimi I’m having a meeting.
· Mimi: Okay, do you need anything?
· Elodie: I need some paper.
· Elodie pretends to pick up the phone and talk. Scribbles on paper – looks like handwriting
· Elodie: Mimi, I need some glasses, I can’t see well.
· Mimi hands Elodie the glasses. Elodie proceeds to write on two more pieces of paper.
· Elodie: My meeting is over.
· Elodie hands Mimi the three pages of ‘notes’ and Mimi hangs them on the wall
· Mimi: What does the paper say?
· Elodie: Bush is an idiot.
Oh I can’t wait to be a parent after reading this. Seriously, our friend’s daughter is pretty bright so this interaction doesn’t surprise me in the least.
*NOTE: permission was granted by Elodie’s parents to share this story. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Well, there’s no point in hiding George’s name since it’s sort of pivotal to the story. Elodie’s mom made a grave mistake in 2000, voting for GW. You better believe we still give Elodie’s mom a bad time about her ballot selection to this very day.