No baby, no baby, no baby…. and stop!
It might be time to hang a sign in the window of our house. Every time we drive by our neighbors, they’re all looking in the back of the car to see if Anna has arrived. Nope, she’s not here yet. We hope she will arrive soon, but we don’t have much say on this. Imagine if life was more often like birth, no real control of when things happen. Would people be more mellow or stressed out?
I had a bit of a freak out today. A minor one at that. This weekend is a very busy weekend here with a festival called Seafair. Traffic is generally a mess, people are going everywhere, and then you these things called the Blue Angels flying around town. Not only that, but then you have hydroplanes racing on the beloved Lake Washington.
Mrs. Lessinges called me while I was diligently working and reported she had what appears to be her first real contraction. Meaning she said it was painful in the front and back of her body. Everything else has been rather mild in pain and centered around her belly. Could this be a sign? She was also quite energized this morning. I was too, but that was after my iced grande triple vanilla latte. Bring on the caffeine folks!
Signs I’m slightly distracted:
- during last night’s soccer game I yelled "my ball" loudly and freaked out my teammates
- I get panicked if my wife is stuck in stop and go traffic (already mentioned)
- blank stares
- more emotional ups and downs than Screech
- unable to return email like I used to
- my hygiene isn’t as stellar as it was in my modeling days
- every time my cell phone rings I think "could this be it?"
- my wardrobe selection is piss poor at best
- I can’t stop thinking to myself "this is the last [fill in the blank]"
- a blog entry that’s complete crap
- I allowed comments on my previous post to top 300+
- lost in thought and for words more than your average NFL star
- derived much pleasure from this YouTube clip
UPDATE @ 10:45pm Thursday night: This just in! (that’s for you Brookem) We now have “bloody show” to add to the list. Let me tell you people, that sucker isn’t pretty. I’m not sure which freaked me out more, the mouse caught in the trap earlier tonight or the sight of the “bloody show”. Get ready folks, Anna is on the move! Things are a happening. Doula has been contacted and is on the phone with my wife. Is it wrong that I wanted to take a picture of the “bloody show”? Man oh man, exhale Egan… and Mrs. Lessinges!